My theme for this year is to be proactive and a major part of that is having a plan. This year, I will be posting my meal prep to both keep me accountable and provide ideas for people who are trying to eat clean, but keep it fun. Eating clean doesn’t mean that you eat brown rice and chicken every week. Through sites like fitmencook.com I found some fun recipes that are healthy, but still very fun. These will be a mixture of my recipes (marked with JO) and a collection of fun foods from through out the interwebs. OK let’s get started!
This week we are gonna keep it simple for breakfast. We are making egg muffins served with a side of salsa. These are super easy to make and can be stored for about 5 days, but honestly you’ll get tired of them after like 3 days.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350
- Pick what you want to put in the egg muffin.
- I usually do tomatoes, jalapenos, onions, spinach, and a protein. I suggest turkey bacon, chicken, or whatever you want.
- Cook the protein and let it cool down a little.
- In a large bowl, scramble the eggs.
- Add in the mix-in and stir.
- Add your mixture to a greased muffin tin.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick put in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
Mid-week shake up
Oatmeal! How ever you like it. Just make sure you’re not loading it up with sugar.
This my favorite meal to prep for. This week I’m feeling like Jamaican. We are going to be making jerk-spiced chicken breast with black beans and curry quinoa.
I recommend this recipe. Just swap out the drumsticks for chicken breast.
You can also use some pre-made jerk seasoning. I picked some up at Kroger (fry’s).
The black bean curry quinoa is going to be a good balance to the dish. Just mix washed can of black beans.
I found a recipe, but the site is acting weird. but this pretty easy to make.
- Wash the quinoa
- Cook it in with a two 1:2 of quinoa to liquid. I recommend using chicken broth. This should take about 20.
- In a large pan, saute onions and minced garlic in olive oil. After about 3 minutes add curry.
- Mix in black beans and cooked quinoa.
- Add salt to taste.
Lunch/ Dinner switch up
Avocado chicken salad
This is a quick and easy dish that can be made with the extra chicken breast you have.
I recommend this recipe. It’s super simple and delicious.
Note: This is one of those recipes where you can honestly add whatever you want. Just make super whatever you eat it with isn’t crazy unhealthy (chips, yes even the ones you got from whole foods). I am make roasted sweet potatoes.
Keep it simple. I’m just going to prep some extra chicken season with salt and pepper. You can use this to make wraps, salads, and quick stir fries. Just keep simple and low carb.
If you have any ideas please leave a comment and let me know.